Wednesday 21 November 2012

How to build a life

I've reached a fascinating point in my life. For the first time, I have total independence (well, almost... I've got to be recognised as a legal adult first). Free from whatever high school was meant to be. Now I'm to spread my wings and fly off into the sunset on a unicorn. Or something. The only problem is I have no idea what I'm doing.

 

Frankly, I don't know how to exist in the real world. Weekdays are a mystery to me. What do people do? Where do they go? Do they brunch? Should I be brunching? All of these questions are giving me an incalculable amount of grief. I'm filling up the breathing space between exams and schoolies (I'll explain that for you next time) with two months' worth of errands: optometrists and concession cards and bobby pins, but after that I'm running on empty.

 

My aim is to Visit Things. Isn't that sort of the whole point of my blog? I mean, I exist in the world's most goddamn liveable city. (In your face, Melbourne, FL.) I have so many great resources at my fingertips; galleries and theatres and parks and summer. I leave to spend a year or so in London in March; it's time to grow up and finally appreciate my home.

I've a sort of rough hit-list buzzing about in my head; Melbourne's hilariously full of galleries and coffee shops and book shops (all of the good things). But I think I'd like to give you a tour of my life in this city that scrapes below the NGV and the Eureka Tower.

 

Source: TimeOut Melbourne

I fully accept the wishy-washiness of this post. But I'll get there. It'll happen. I could have blogged about the optometrist. You don't want that. But, for the record, I'm -2.75 in my left eye and -2.5 in my right.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a thousand times super to hear from you! Don't be shy.