Friday 23 November 2012

Schoolies, or How to Fall Off a Balcony

Ooh, I shouldn't. Because that does happen, often with tragic results. But it basically sums up what schoolies is to Australian high school leavers. What better way to commemorate thirteen years of first-rate, first world education than by drinking for a week in a beach house until everything you learnt is permanently eradicated.

Atta boys... Original here

But I digress. Because, despite the stereotype, I can smugly announce that my schoolies will be a charming, relaxing week away, with just the right amount of fun-in-the-sun nonsense and "Shut up, it's 11am; it's barely morning." Even I, Empress of Kvetch, struggle to find things to complain about. ...alright, that's a lie, but I'm very talented in that way.

Ooh, if you insist... Originals here

We're going "down the coast", which is tricky as Melbourne is in Port Phillip Bay... In truth, we're going around to one of the peninsulas, so we'll be between bay and proper coast. There's your answer, then. As far as I can tell, the plan is to read and swim and eat and watch TV and sleep; a general attempt to begin the post-exam healing process. We don't find out our ATAR (ie: Year 12 score used to get into university) until mid-December, and then it's a month before university offers are released. "Merry Christmas/Happy New Year/Happy Birthday! We got you this overhanging thundercloud of doubt. --Much love, the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority".

So here I am, half-way through this lovely holiday. (Oh, the magic of scheduling posts.) Anyway, I legitimately don't think I have any readers at this stage (which is fine, everybody starts at zero... totally fine... doesn't bother me...) so that's a weight off my mind. Oh, and yes, I will start using my own images soon. It's on my List of Things.

Ooh, by the way, I'm trying to figure out what in hell is going on with formatting... The Blogsy app is great but I am not. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's a thousand times super to hear from you! Don't be shy.